Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Year.. A Whole New Life

I can’t believe it’s already been a year since I left my job! I had been working at a company for about five years when I had decided to quit. A month later, I learned that I was pregnant and somehow became domestic. I miss the days when I would wake up early in the morning, head to work listening to radio in the car, and gossip over a cup of Nescafe with friends before starting my day. I loved my job. From the work I would do to the people I was surrounded with. I mean I did meet the love of my life at work :)

Although I do miss all the stress of work from deadlines and meetings to conference calls and reports; I LOVE being a stay at home mom, at least for the time being.  It’s funny how all that has now been replaced with changing dirty diapers, feeding and burping. Being a mom really is a 24 hour job. Even though it can be stressful, just one precious smile from my baby makes it all worthwhile. He has really helped me put everything in perspective.

Maybe someday soon, I will get back in the work force and juggle being a mom and career woman, but at the time being I am focused on being the best mom I can be and raising my son.

My baby will be 3 months tomorrow :) It’s amazing how time goes by so quickly..

No comments:

Post a Comment